What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2014? Do you set any? I didn’t set any formal ones last year because I have so much trouble keeping them, but this year, I’ll try to set some and see where they go:
1) Exercise for 30 minutes at least twice a week.
2) Strive to eat healthier as a family–it’s impractical for us to eliminate all “junk” or processed food, but we can use our CSA (community supported agriculture), local farms, and eating out less often to help us eat more whole, unprocessed foods more often than we do. And “more often” is better than not at all, right?
3) Do our best as a family to make fewer impulse purchases, continue savings via investments and a new savings account, learn to effectively budget our money, analyze purchases we do make.
4) Organize our house and purge anything we don’t use or want anymore. Try to keep a tidier home.
5) Have all Christmas shopping completed (minus homemade gifts) by October 31st.
6) Be more patient and loving toward my family. Think before I react out of anger.
7) Travel more often, even if the trips aren’t lengthy or are just “day trips.”
8) Develop a hobby or two that I will enjoy–maybe I will pursue painting, or if that ends up not being “for me,” focus more on photography, or take horseback riding lessons, learn to sew, something….
9) Take the little ones to more events, do more activities, strive to enjoy as much as I can with them while they are little, because they grow so quickly….